Friday, December 6, 2013

Inspiration.

The inspiration for this blog is my New Year's resolution for 2014: Live Simply.  I know I'm starting this in early December; it is my hope to get a jump start on the new year!

I realized that I feel weighed down by the "stuff" in my life.  Some of it (a lot of it) physical stuff, some of it emotional and mental.  Through this process I hope to focus on living with less.

I hope to spend less money.
I hope to narrow down my closet to fewer clothes.
I hope to find better and more effective ways to organize and simplify my life.
I hope to eat less process foods.
I hope to slow myself down.
I hope to stress less.
I hope to make better use of my time.
I hope to do things that scare me.
I hope to live fully.

Have you felt completely and utterly swamped and you honestly have no idea where to turn?  That's what I'm feeling as I start this process.  I have so many things that I want to scale down: my closet, my kitchen cabinets, my book collection, my bathroom cabinets, the sheer amount of un filed paperwork...  The list goes on.  And on.  And on.

It is my hope that this blog will help me to focus my time, focus my energy, and hopefully this particular resolution: Live Simply, will truly enhance the life that I live now.

I plan to start small: one project at a time, one room at a time, one thought at a time -- and it is my hope that bit by bit, one thing at a time, I can start a transition to this improved lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment